Absolutely Incredible Kids Day
Absolutely Incredible Kid Day®, celebrated annually on the third Thursday in March, is Camp Fire USA’s national call to action asking adults to write letters of love and support to youth – sons and daughters, nieces and nephews, neighbors, even kids they don’t know. It only takes a few minutes to jot a note that will be remembered and appreciated for a lifetime. The positive impact of these letters on kids is what Absolutely Incredible Kid Day® is all about.
Since it began in 1995, Absolutely Incredible Kid Day® has touched more than 600 million people. Supporters include national figures such as former Presidents George W. Bush and William J. Clinton; American hero, John Glenn; entertainer Bill Cosby, and sports heroes Jerry Rice and Jeff Gordon.
- Anyone can participate in AIKD. Individual and groups such as:
- Art Community
- Fire & Police
- High School Service Clubs & Teams
- Senior Centers
- Small Businesses
- Sports Teams
- To be a part of AIKD, organize a letter writing campaign, collect the letters, and distribute the letters on March 15, 2012 to a group that you’ve chosen. To begin, register your group online with Camp Fire USA Orange County Council as an official Absolutely Incredible Kid Day® participant. You’ll receive an e-mail with:
- “10 Easy Ways to Make AIKD Absolutely Incredible for Youth in Orange County” (such as creating a “mailbox” to encourage employees to participate, creating an AIKD message with sidewalk chalk, or delivering cupcakes to a local children’s hospital with your letters).
- Receive “Tips for Writing a Letter”.
- Receive a list of Orange County locations for you to arrange to deliver your letters to such as schools, childcare centers, shelters and children’s hospitals.
- Official AIKD stationary artwork for you to print.
You’ll also have your organization/company’s name listed on our website and news releases.